jueves, 9 de octubre de 2014



I love photos but sincerely I don’t have knowledge about it. I just like looking them and enjoying the feeling they are able to give. 

Last semester I had to assist to a photography exposition of Sergio Larraín to do a work of University.  Larraín is one of the most famous Chilean photographers; he entered to the Magnum Agency in 1959. There were a lot of photos about urban life and he used to photograph the marginality present in the cities of those years. There was one that got my attention.






This photo was taken in Santiago of Chile in the fifties when some foundations about poverty asked him pictures of childs wandering the streets.

I like this photo because I can see a lonely little girl sat in the street who even though she looks abandoned; she seems to be getting fun from something in her hands. Moreover, I love photos with dogs. I think the dog in this photo is a symbol of marginality. And finally I really love the way the photographer mixed shadows and lights.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario